Finding a backpack could be easy if you know what you are actually looking for! Obviously, you have to do some research and not blindly buy it. Most importantly, question yourself, for how long will your trip be and the functions that you want on it or simply you just want to get one that is stylish (which in my opinion, seems a little bit rash).
- Decide what kind of trip it will be, extreme hiking to walk along the city scale?
- Invest in one that is water resistant so you won't get your things soaked.
- You also might want to look into all the different functions your desired backpack would have like compression straps, top lid, sleeping bag compartment, daisy chain, padded straps and back etc
2 zippers can make you lock them up neat! And multiple compartments can make it easier for you to divide your items by categories and make it easier to find things.
- If you planned to travel long term, its always recommended to get quality backpack. Invest in one.
- Keep in mind that the standard checked in baggage for airlines is 15kg at most.
- Do note that backpacks in the shops comes with a tag that state numbers with litres on it like this: 24L, 36L, 68L (as an example). Don't panic! These are actually measurements to help you identify and match your trip length. They are identified litres because measuring in cubic dimensions is a hassle and harder to remember.
Please refer to the illustration below for better understanding! Basically the smaller the L, its more recommended for shorter trips and otherwise.
If you have any tips to share, let me know and i will put it on this post! Good luck!