Hi everyone, today i am going to show you how to do a bling phone on your own. I wanted to do this quite a long time & love how the Japanese people are obsessed with it! There is a similar ready made ones from Lux Addiction which are quite expensive. I mulled over the idea for a bit until after i saw Sophie's DIY. That gave me a push to do this. So let's get on to it!
Things you need: Plastic Phone Case | Perfect Deco Glue | Decodens (Ebay/Etsy/Craftshops) | Sand Paper | Nail Polish & Needle with Blu-tack Tip
001. Rub the sandpaper on the case. This makes the surface easier to hold on to the glue and the blings together. After which, spread the glue onto the case.
002. Lay out the big pieces and stick them on the case first. It will give a better idea of how the case will look like overall & easier to stick for the smaller ones.
003. Use the Blu-tack needle and pick up the blings. Keep sticking the smaller pearls, gems and rhinestones with it. This take patience.
004. After all is glued, let it sit for awhile. Use a clear nail polish and spread it on the blings. This gave that 'expensive shine' & hold it together.
005. [Optional] Use a colored nail polish if you wish to have it in a certain shade.
006. Do the same for the front cover. Then let both the cases dry.
Tada! This is how mine look like. Its just too cute with the Hello Kitty cabochons.
This may look easy but it really takes patience. I did this for 4 hours! For those who are interested to do this, i advice you to check out the cheapest decodens (blings,gems,rhinestones). You can type out on the search bar of ebay/etsy as this,' diy decoden kits'. This will lead to a variety of kits that you will love. For the glue, i will not recommend 'Perfect Deco', even though it claims to be a fast sticking glue for the blings, you do not want this to happen as you might shift it around the case if you decide to change the design. I would recommend you buy Alradite or glue that takes a longer time to dry.
If any of you are interested for me to do it for you, let me know in the comments or you can send me an email! I charge half the price of Luxe Addiction. That shit is crazy, there is no way i am paying $80 - $100 for that!
Well, Good Luck!